Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Trio of Tea Time Vessels

I admit that the only thing in common with these items is that they hold tea. But there's something about each one that captures me.

Tea Glass from T2 Tea

Jumbo Cup in Ice Blue from T2 Tea


Q Teapot from Harney & Sons


Do you drink tea or coffee? I drink both but have a growing appreciation for tea. I grew up with a tea-drinking mom. She would have a cup of tea most evenings, and as I got older, I would pour a cup of tea for her and bring it to her along with a little cookie on the side. I loved the simple grace of serving something yummy to someone I love. (That's a big reason why I love baking.) And then, for a brief but glorious season of my life, I got together with a couple of girlfriends every Friday for a sit-down tea, where we'd indulge in homemade scones and homemade lemon curd and homemade clotted cream and sit and talk and laugh for hours. It was delightful. At that time, the tea was definitely secondary to the scones (scones are my true weakness and what I miss since going gluten free; I know there are gluten-free scones out there but I haven't yet tried them. I think I'm afraid I'll be disappointed.) But I did enjoy discovering new tea flavors and learning the process of preparing a formal tea. Ahh...such good memories.

My favorite teas tend to be black teas with spicy undertones such as Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice tea. But lately, I've been enjoying rooibos tea both for its health benefits and its flavor. I never thought I would be able to drink tea without sugar but I can with rooibos because of its naturally sweet flavor. So while I often reach for a cup of coffee, I'm turning more and more to tea and its rich, soothing qualities.

p.s. Has anyone tried bamboo tea? I'm intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment