Sunday, April 22, 2012

Crikey! It's Cracked! The Sequel

When I posted this, my artwork was cracked and I was thinking about how life can also be imperfect, disappointing and broken, but that there's comfort in God. Today, I'm reminded that that which is broken can be redeemed and made new. Although I could have tried to patch up the crack, I decided against trying to fix my Succulent Blossom and just made an entirely new one. A patch job just didn't sit well with me. I wanted the same design but done right. 

Likewise, but in a much more profound way, Jesus redeems that which is broken, namely our very lives. We don't have to clean up our acts to come to Him either. He takes us as we are and makes us into who we were created to be. The Bible says that "if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." 2 Corinithians 5:17 Jesus took our brokenness (what we call sin) onto Himself in dying on the cross so that we might have life in Him. He redeems us from sin so that we can live in His righteousness to the glory of God. We are made new. It's a reality that is exquisitely beautiful and of which this necklace now serves as a reminder.


No comments:

Post a Comment