Tuesday, February 14, 2012

From My Heart to Yours


Happy Valentine's Day! I know this day means a lot of different things to different people. For me, I have a warm and fuzzy feeling about Valentine's Day and that actually stems from the way my mom made Valentine's Day special for us as we were growing up. Valentine's Day in our house meant heart-shaped, homemade goodies, usually decorated sugar cookies or cupcakes. And it meant a little gift waiting for us as the breakfast table...maybe a pair of heart earrings or a heart-shaped rubber stamp and candy of some sort. And it would be packaged prettily and full of the love that my mom had poured into it. And when you begin the day like that, knowing that you're loved, it doesn't matter so much what the rest of the day holds. 

So for my 3Cs, I gathered a few things I knew they would enjoy... heart candy, dessert flavored gum and brightly colored pencils and wrapped them up in special bags that I stamped. I hope to pass on to them the blessing of knowing that they are loved and cherished by their parents and especially by the Lord. 
Here's to a day full of love and joy!

But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8


No comments:

Post a Comment