Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas!


From our home to yours, Merry Christmas!

Can you believe we're only two days away from Christmas? This week has flown right on by. We had our community group from church over for a Christmas party and White Elephant exchange on Wednesday. What prize did we come away with? A big ole pink Snuggie. Yup. I haven't used it yet but once I wash it, I can see the usefulness of draping myself in that bubble gum pink blanket with arms. It won't be a pretty sight but I'll be warm. Which is really important now that we have another winter wonderland outside. But I'm not complaining. I love it. I was out on a date with my husband last night (yay for date nights!) and the softly falling snow was gorgeous. And now I have an added incentive to use my Snuggie. Am I ready for Christmas you ask? Nope. Not even close. I have nothing wrapped. Truly nothing. I'm pretty sure I haven't finished shopping completely. And I'm working on some top secret jewelry as gifts. And as far as making goodies goes, well, I don't even know what to say about that. But really, it's not all about that stuff anyway. Simply put, it's about Jesus. So as I rush to finish all these details, I want to give Him the glory and thanks for giving me loved ones to give gifts to and granting me beautiful, snowy days to enjoy and surrounding me with all the loveliness of this season. And mostly, I thank Him for giving Himself. May you have a blessed Christmas, celebrating and creating new memories, enjoying good company and delicious food, and meditating on the wonder of new born King.

No comments:

Post a Comment