Friday, November 25, 2011

Swinging From the Rafters

Via Pinterest

Yesterday was Thanksgiving day here in the States; a day set aside to give thanks to God for all that we have been given. I give thanks for the many blessings in my life...my sweet husband, my fun and loving children, my extended family and friends, our church family, our home and health, and I give thanks for all of you for encouraging and supporting me in my creative efforts at The Striped Straw. Thank you so very much!
I hope you had a wonderful day yesterday and are enjoying a little extra time with loved ones. We had a very full and very fun day beginning with Thanksgiving breakfast, followed by more cooking, followed by football, followed by more eating and followed by a big birthday bash for five out of the six grandkids who live in town. And now, today, I find myself up way too early after a late night and my littlest C waking me up every couple of hours (sore legs, too cold, too excited, etc.) After the abundance of presents, which I can't begrudge them as it was the adults who decided we'd do birthdays at Thanksgiving after making them wait a month after their birthdays, all 3Cs are up and at 'em with their new toys. Maybe they won't notice if Mom camps out on the couch and snatches a few more z's. (And wouldn't that hammock be an ideal place for a nap? No doubt it would become a launching swing for superheroes, ninjas and spies in my house, but it's nice to entertain the dream of lounging in a lovely place.)
Happy lounging to you! If you happen to be engaging in holiday shopping today, please do consider stopping by my little Shop to pick up some lovely gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment