Monday, November 28, 2011

It's Been Years

On this day 13 years ago, I married my best friend. I treasure him more and more as time goes by. And although today is not turning out quite as we had expected, we're still going to be able to spend the evening together and I'm so looking forward to it.
We were married on a warm and sunny Saturday afternoon following Thanksgiving. We had a beautiful wedding ceremony at church and a lovely reception at an old monastery. Before diy was the thing to do, it was the thing we were doing. From our invitations to the decorations to the programs, we took on as much as we could. It was so much fun to lovingly labor over each detail, making our day full of personal touches. One of my favorite details: my Mom and I made little white origami boxes to hold heart-shaped butter cookies that we had baked and decorated. And now, inspiration for weddings simply abounds. Here are a few lovely details that caught my eye from 100 Layer Cake...




No comments:

Post a Comment